This is from an exercise we did today during training:
I am from movement. My family is my constant.
I am from tea parties with stuffed animals and my brothers micromachines.
I am from a struggle between different worlds.
I am from a culture few understand.
I am from silence within chaos, and love, grace and forgiveness
I am from the sound of cows and the sound of street hawkers and cars.
I am from conflicting emotions.
I m from a loving family and fearing for their lives.
I am from mango, papaya, kiwi, and pineapple.
I am from my own decisions.
I am from unending joy and hope for heaven.
I am from my insecurities.
I am from the sound of birds chirping, frisbees floating by and pinecones dropping.
I am from somewhere on the planet earth.
I am from being unsure of how to answer 'where is home'?
I love this exercise. I did it with my advisory class last year and we put down the shades and did a poetry reading by candlelight, complete with snaps. It was pretty stellar.
ReplyDeletecomplete with snaps? bahahhaha nice one
ReplyDelete