29 Aug 2010

free time?? what's THAT?

So today is my first day that I have really been free in the last five or so. back at Whitworth, RA training has been a blur. I need to read some tonight and finish up on hall decorations, but the goal is to be in bed at eleven. Then I'll let myself read for half an hour. Maybe.

Point being, I am exhausted. I also feel slightly like I'm missing out right now - the vast majority of my team is on a run. But I don't really want to test my potential for an asthma attack and my running shoes are on the other side of the state with Karen. Part of me is incredibly excited about the prospects of this year, and another part of me is absolutely terrified.

We've talked about self care and how it is important to do that, but I am beginning to wonder when I'll actually find that. For instance - today I finished up most of my hall decorations, putting up door tags and such, and decided I would reward myself by going 'dorm hopping' to visit other people who I haven't had the chance to see yet. I felt like the response to that was somewhat '....ok' from people on my team. So. This is going to be interesting. All I really have left to do is put some stuff in the bathroom and a couple more hall decorations. So I suppose I am going to be walking around seeing who I can help out. Maybe tomorrow I need to get for a run in the afternoon sometime if I get a chance. I'm starting to feel tense but that might be because today's sharing of stories was pretty emotional. At least for me. Anyways, kind of following what Mollie did:

Things I love about being back at Whitworth (optimism!)
1. my team. absolutely all of them - also the specialists.
2. my room - cannot WAIT for laura to get here
3. the fact that eric was awesome enough to bring my stuff to me from travis's house when he was busy
4. rachael yamagata and her music
5. chap stick. my skin is really not used to the dryness
6. sunshine
7. belle the RD - she is AMAZING
8. blue tape
9. china
10. my new sheets. they're brown.
11. home made food.
12. the loop
13. my new purple dress
14. small world interactions
15. laundry machines that work
16. meeting a room of new people
17. pounding tacks into the walls attempting to hang things up - takes me back to freshman year
18. terry's message today - fix your eyes on Jesus and he will take you through the good and the bad
19. my new lamp. it's green.
20. my new coffee pot. it's also green :D

No comments:

Post a Comment