We just got back from the Pacific coast (Tárcoles and near Punta Morales) for our last ecology trip. Pictures will come soon! Here are notes I wrote on a piece of paper:
- PEACE
- macaws
- strange fish
- boats
- wind in my hair
- walking
- sunshine
- wearing a swim suit and not being self conscious
- green...everywhere
- rocking chairs
- German birding tourists = free entertainment
- stars
- fire
- flashlight pictures
- laughter and good friends
- beautiful clouds
- crocodiles
- mangroves
- frigate birds = pterodactyl!
- hibiscus flowers
- shells
- rocks of all colors
- mushy mud
- more sunshine
- a teeny tiny puppy
- jellyfish
- never am I as at peace as when I am on the water
- waterfall showers
- el mar
- salty clothes and hair but not caring
- fishing - when trying to catch anything, I fail.
- starting to love who I am
I saw what it means to have nothing in Tárcoles but to be so happy that you have no desire to change your career or the way you make your money (in this case, fishing methods) in order to have more. The joy that the fishermen take from their work is something that I want to find.
One thing I know: My heart is on the coast. It's the first time I have realized how much more peaceful I am there.
6 days and 9 hours and I will be on my way (God-willing) to see my parents. It can't come fast enough. Though going back to HK holds a bit of fear for me as well; hoping that insecurities don't come back with that return. It has been three and a half years since I have seen most of the people I was friends with in HK, and I haven't kept in touch with many. It's hard to balance that with finishing class well and having to pack for multiple places. I am tired and a little bit lonely. Ready to go. Wishing people on this trip liked hugs more.
No comments:
Post a Comment