So, anybody that sees my pictures of the last few days will be all 'what, did you just eat the whole time?'. I have this thing about liking to be inconspicuous about taking pictures, which is difficult when you already stick out like a sore thumb. But boy do I have pictures of food. Friday night we went out for Szechuan food which comes from Northern China. It is traditionally very spicy. We were eating with a group of 28 adults, 2 kids. 25 bottles (big bottles) of beer were consumed (and my parents and I only drank probably 3/4 of 1 or maybe a whole bottle). We had 16 dishes. It was nuts.
Yesterday we went to the fabric market first for fittings for my dresses and jacket. Today we're picking the final product up. Then we went to a restaurant called Tiger Prawn with the Bauer's again. It was Vietnamese food and so good. My favorite dishes were lemongrass fried tofu and a coconut red curry with rice noodles, chicken and fried tofu. It was AMAZING.
And of course we shopped. A lot. Oh man. Though, I am proud of myself for being restrained. We went through this mall called 'one link' and it was six floors of stores. With almost everything in it. I was overwhelmed. Also, got some stinking awesome presents for my girl friends :) so good.
Today is my last full day, didn't sleep well last night but that is okay. Heading to the church for foreigners and then off for a good lunch and possibly another back massage. Oh yes, did I mention, yesterday we went for a two hour massage? It only cost about $14 US.
Please, be a little bit jealous :)
No comments:
Post a Comment